Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hatfield Forest with a quick side trip

After doing some quick shopping (I'm at Dad's for Christmas so got food for the weekend - was quiet early :) ) I headed to Hatfield Forest.....

Bird wise it was interesting to see that the Mallards were joined by Teals and Gadwalls a sign of Christmas. Lots of Tits and finches and I saw more Coal Tits today at the Forest than I have seen there! The highlight though was a Little Egret first I've seen there....

















The cafe at Hatfield has no scones :( and so I had a cuppa. I resisted the siren call of a sausage sarnie :)








So what now ? I nipped up to Wimpole for......


It's another Festive Orange & Cranberry scone, a bit disappointing if I'm honest.... said for Rob from Dunwich I say!!

I had some company....







2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Well done on the Little Egret :) Looks as though you have some great holidays booked for next year #green :)

I hope you and your Dad have a lovely Christmas Pete.

Tricia Ryder said...

Shame about the scone... Rob reigns supreme methinks... ..

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.