Friday, September 12, 2014

My P&Q has been shattered ;)

I have left Cornwall and returned to the Devon/Somerset/Dorset border (yep I'm a mile from all 3!!).

I've been joined by Trish so all semblance of peace and quiet has gone, just kidding.

We met at Lytes Cary. Lytes is a delightful small NT property. When I started visiting the NT back in 97 the big properties were between £5.30 and £5.60 smaller properties were about £4.50 and I always consider Lytes to be a £4.50 property but as I say it is delightful and I like it lots.

Firstly I have to announce that my holiday has been shared with my  friend Mr Quacks.......




actually Trish said he must be lonely left on his own so as a surprise I brought him! He has been with me every day and it was much to Jan's surprise the other day when he appeared :) Yes I am that soppy!!

Anyway Lytes Cary
























We went on the Kingfisher walk....



and we did see a Kingfisher sort of..... although Trish referred to it as a Woodpecker... :D





I didn't have high hopes on the scone...... and I was right!! Obviously bought in and not freshly made sob!!

























So we headed to Tintinhull gardens. Another small trust property.....





















A man and his duck.....







I didn't think Tintinhull had scones but it did!! And not bad ! A tadge dry perhaps but a decent effort!!



A contented Trish


2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Love Mr Quacks - in fact I want one!! :)

Beautiful photos, houses and gardens again Pete.

The Quacks of Life said...

be careful buying online as the Mr Quacks on amazon is nothing like as good as mine.......

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.