Saturday, December 21, 2013

Saffron Walden

Uttlesford recently came 2nd in a survey of best places to live in the UK. Uttlesford is a district not far from me and I can confirm it is a really nice place. Not only does it contain Thaxted it also contains the rather nice small market town of Saffron Walden (which is where the council offices are).

The weather was not good today so I went to Saffron Walden















The tomb of Sir Thomas Audley, Lord Chancellor of England under Henry VIII



















The idea was to have lunch at Audley but I didn't fancy the soup.... but here is an Audley horse.

It started to rain heavily so went home

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A lovely village and church Pete - you do have some picturesque villages close by :)

I really enjoyed the great photos of Blickling too :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.