Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Thursday, May 09, 2013

ooh that's.....

The TV station Yesterday broadcasts "entertainment  inspired by History".

Their factual history (as I think I've said before) seems heavily biased to World War II but they do do some good stuff.

A curio in their schedule are repeats of Lovejoy. Lovejoy is an antique dealer, played by Ian Mcshane, who is one of those loveable rogues.As a programme it is light and underdemanding and within its limits a pleasant watch. It is VERY loosley based on the novels of Jonathan Gash.

The series was filmed in East Anglia and for me part of the joy is spotting places I recognise.... ooh that's Saffron Walden, Finchingfield, Long Melford, Lavenham etc......  I noticed that the fictional Felsham Hall has a church next to it so I've tracked it down to Belchamp Hall and Belchamp Walter I may have to sneak over and take a photo.


3 comments:

Attila the Mom said...

I just love Ian McShane. Wish this was on here.

Pete said...

Attila

a bit like Midsommer Murders, Lovejoy is a guilty pleasure. I have a soft spot for two of the actresses :)

Tricia Ryder said...

A lovable rogue indeed.. nice find.. and a picture is a must IMHO...