Saturday, May 11, 2013

In search of Lovejoy

Up early and off to Hatfield Forest.....


The bull.....






There were two terns still but disaster! There was only one Great Crested Grebe and the nests were abandoned. I've no idea why but I suspect those wretched boats........

Highlight of the troll  was a Treecreeper! Lovely little bird

En route.....






This is Beauchamp Walther Hall.... the fictional Felsham Hall from Lovejoy....



The church of St Mary the Virgin is next door. I've not heard of it but it is very nice....






This was done a foot & mouth artist.












On my way to the next port of call....

St John the Baptist, Little Maplestead.... the round church

The church was built by the Knights of St John of Jerusalem, the Knights Hospitallers 









The target was Paycockes... one of, if not the finest example of a late Gothic Merchants house in the country.












The garden was looking very pretty....




















There is a new coffee shop which stupidly I never visited... I KNOW I KNOW!! But an excuse to go back ;)

Popped down to Amwell. Quite a few terns back. Lots of Swfts. Also Redshank and Osytercatcher....





good day

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much. They are all lovely

The Quacks of Life said...

my pleasure....it was odd lovejoy was on last night and they should the same view as the pic!

oldcrow61 said...

Those flowers are beautiful and so colourful. I love the cherub with the skull,lol. Lovely shots of your day.

Roy Norris said...

Lots of stunning colours Pete and the stormy Rape fields are great scenic shots.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.