Monday, April 01, 2013

Testing a Tea Room

As it was Tricia's birthday yesterday she popped up.

We had a low calorie day (cough ! cough!) starting with breakfast at McDonald's......

And then on to Flatford Mill. It was FREEZING!!!









The cup of tea in the tearoom was most welcome!













Birding highlights were Little Grebe, Coal Tit and Kingfisher.

And then on to Melford Hall with a trip via Waitrose.




I've never used the tearoom (I usually have Dad in tow ;) ) so I thought I'd give it a try.....

I've never seen the house so busy! We shot straight to the tea room and ordered Tomato Soup... which we ate here...


The soup was excellent!

And so a stroll around the house







Ms Potter was a cousin of the family and a visitor..... see visitor's book.



























Well you have to try the cake.... Lemon and Victoria sponge - recommended




1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

I do love Flatford Mill :) Some great photos again Pete and great to see the Beatrix Potter connection at Melford Hall. The cake looks delicious :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.