Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

His Nibs

At 4 PM yesterday I phoned sir to tell him I was on my way home.

When I got in dinner was on and I made a cuppa.

Dad seemed quiet and I kept asking if  he and the dinner was ok. He said yes but he got more and more distant like falling asleep and in a dream. As you can imagine I was getting concerned. I turned off the dinner and phoned for an ambulance.

When it arrived he was out of it. The very nice para medic said he was have a hypo attack (diabetes) his sugar was terribly low and she gave him something he came around after 10 minutes and was totally puzzled. I got him water with sugar in it and then a few biscuits and a cup of tea with sugar and some sarnies.

She thought he was fine but an ECG showed his pulse as having fallen so another ambulance was called and he was in hospital. He was monitored for about 3 hours before they said he could come home.

He was fine when he got in and we were tidying up! I made sure he had a biscuit before he went to bed.

Off to see his GP in a bit. I'll be sleeping over tonight and tomorrow.

Frightening I tell you.


avalon said...

Hope he will be ok, sure they will keep an eye on him now, best to get things checked out with the doctor, will put your mind at rest too.

Ragged Robin said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad being unwell Pete. You must have been frantic with worry. So glad he's been allowed home and I hope he continues to make good progress.

holdingmoments said...

I can imagine very frightening Pete.
Hope me makes a quick and full recovery.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he has come round again! My heart was in my mouth, reading this. Thank goodness you were there.

oldcrow61 said...

Oh my Pete, it must have been terribly worrying. Glad things are okay now.

Anonymous said...

You are the best son a person could wish for.

Pete said...

well I wouldn't go that far!!

anyway thanks for all your good wishes. he seems fine