Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Saturday, June 23, 2012

Youngsters

Where to today? Given the sun was shining and the forecast for tomorrow is not good I decided somewhere birdy.

I went to Amwell first. fairly quiet I thought many of the usual suspects.

This chap was trying to play the innocent...




Six Little Egrets sitting in a tree!

 
and so on that note off to Rye Meads. Again fairly quiet.



Lots of ducks and I saw some young Tufties and.....







As I strolled around to the Kingfisher hide there were 5 Kestrels sitting on the roof of the hide...




Although not playing ball camera wise a Garden Warbler gave decent views.

And ah!





2 comments:

Tricia said...

Love this time of the year with all the young ones... Squidgy looks mischievous...

Great to have the kestrels.. the family that have been nesting at RM I wonder?

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely to see photos of all the young birds :D.