Monday, May 21, 2012

Misty in Norfolk

we awoke to mist ! and the stuff didn't shift all day!

First we popped into Sheringham a small seaside town. The small seaside towns on the North Norfolk coast have a whiff of the 50's/60's.




Dad and an old friend.....


and yes it was bloody cold!!




We then went inland to Felbrigg Hall


The Blue Tits had chosen an unusual nesting spot.


I left sir reading the paper whilst I went for a walk around the lake. Birds seen included linnets, Swallows, House and Sand Martins.

The village left the church years ago.









I went back to the car and sir and I went for a stroll around the house and walled garden.























The National Trust have done a wonderful job on restoring the walled garden. It looks so much better than  it did when I first visit. Also part of it is used as allotments for local people.



















Dad likes the idea of this wheeled chair. I suspect he would want me to move him though!

Any chance of some warmth and sun?!

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Another good set of pics Pete and Sheringham looks rather quaint and obviously fishy...Like your dad with his 'friend' and that 'octopus'-like tree at Sheringham is wonderful.

The slipper bath looks more like an instrument of torture though....

Hope mist/cold have been banished for the rest of the week!

Ragged Robin said...

More lovely photos Pete - I do like the look of Norfolk :D.

I love the last photo and your comment did make me smile!

Its hot and sunny here today - hope weather improves for you too!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.