There are lots of books about lately with titles like 101 Things to do/see before you die.
I'm not planning on dying anytime soon but I thought I'd compose one of those lists....
1. See all 1000 churches in THE book ...... I don't expect to it but an ambition.
2. See 300 species of birds in the UK. 45 to go but I haven't seen a new one for a while ........ might happen but unlikely as I seldom twitch!
3. Retire at 50 or at least before the normal retirement date....... before the normal retirement date is a shoe in! At 50? please god!!
4. See a ballet.... I don't why this is here! But for some reason it is! I do like the music so....... a chance I guess.
5. Go to Paris ........ I'd like to go Versailles, Notre Dame, Sainte-Chapelle etc etc etc you could add a number of French Cathedrals to this list! Chartres, Reims, Troyes ..... decent chance.
6. Go to Rome ........ oh come on who wouldn't!! an outside chance
7. Go to one of Florence/Milan/Venice....... see 6!! outside chance
8. Visit every National Trust house and garden in England and Wales - by definition tea room! We aren't talking property! I think this one I can do :D
9. See a Hummingbird in the wild!! - no chance but....
10. Go to an opera - what do you mean I don't like Opera!! I mean see Carmen in Paris or Puccini in Italy..... chances? hhhhmmmmmmm