Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Saturday, December 24, 2011

twas the day before Christmas....

..... and nothing stirred not even a bird.

OK I exaggerate a bit but it was quiet out there not to say grey and cold.

I went to the Forest first....







This Grey Heron is standing next to the tern raft.....


So I stopped off for a Bacon and Sausage sandwich and a nice cup of tea (how British!).




There were a few bird highlights some Redwing, Bullfinch, Marsh Tit, Green Woodpecker and a Great Spotted Woodpecker.

I then popped over to Rye Meads it was equally quiet! Highlights a few Redwing, Bullfinch, Long Tailed Tits and Lapwing.

6 comments:

holdingmoments said...

All the best for Christmas and the New Year Pete.

Tricia said...

Seems par for the course today in terms of birds.

(I indulged in a Hot Dog from the stall in Bushy Park - naughty but very nice)

The Wessex Reiver said...

All the best Pete, love the Christmas tree !!

Attila the Mom said...

Hope you have a wonderful holiday full of lots of tits and stuff. ;-)

eileeninmd said...

Nice post, I enjoyed the scenery and the birds. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

eileeninmd said...

Nice post, I enjoyed the scenery and the birds. Merry Christmas to you and your family!