Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sun, Rain, Music and a year tick!

So I looked out of the window and it was sunny.... blue skies......

I headed to Scarborough, i had two objectives but alas I couldn't do both....

A walk along the front









they still have Donkey rides on the beach.


Now regular readers may remember my blog about the Scarborough Spa Orchestra the last seaside orchestra. As they were playing today I headed to the Spa complex. As the weather was sunny the concert was to be outside, much more preferable, I wanted the real experience.

The music ranged from Johannn Strauss II to Percy Grainger to light classic standard to film music and to a Carpenters melody (with the Flute as voice).

The orchestra consisted of 10 - piano, violin, cello, double bass, percussion, brass x 2, woodwind x 3.





The concert started at 11 in glorious sunshine, the first half was lovely (although alas only half full) they came back after 10-15 minute break at 12. The weather started to get cooler by the second track it started to drizzle and the fourth was concluded in TORRENTTIAL rain so they had to stop. Still I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I headed to Thornton Dale for a spot of lunch. It's a pretty touristy village.












As Nunnington Hall was close to my pub/hotel i stopped for a cuppa and a slice of Victoria sponge.


As I left I checked out the feeders, hang on that Sparrow has a mark on its cheek and a brown head! Tree Sparrow!! Then a Willow Tit flew in!! Nice end to the day.

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Ooooh those lovely blue skies and some good music too...and the beach - all sounds rather good to me!

What's that dangling under the bridge?

Love the "picture card" cottages in Thornton Dale.

Some lovely pics and views there... nice one Pete.

Ragged Robin said...

Scarborough looks a lovely traditional seaside town. Love the donkeys :D. Glad you managed to attend the concert even if it did finish earlier than planned!

Lovely picturesque village pics.

Well done on the tree sparrow - I haven't seen one for ages.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.