Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Friday, June 03, 2011

Getting the Car MOTed

Well the car has been serviced and MOTed.

As ever I chose to wait so I made excellent progress on my book (Ysabel by Guy Gavriel Kay - good but not one of his best) and listened to some music on the MP3.

I then headed to Rye Meads. Ah it was lovely the sun shone, the birds they sang and they were mostly co-operative. Some chap said he saw two Turtle Doves which I didn't - hey ho.

This family of Canada Geese were a pleasant surprise before the first hide.





There were three Little Ringed Plover's at Draper and one was getting chased off. Highlight was the Hobby which pleased some one who I pointed it out to as it was a lifer for them. The Hobby was giving a great show chasing dragonflies.

The usual noisey cettis! And this chap infront of Gadwall hide



A pair of Kingfisher's was checking out the Sand Martin bank - two pairs of Kingfishers this year!!






So I made it to Kingfisher hide and....







4 Kingfishers in one day - very nice!!



Small Tortoisehell Butterfly


Yes RUBBISH pic but a Juvenile Robin!



This all looks idyllic but out of sight Dad was attacking the canada's :D






I then went round the old boys. He was out back in his deck chair listening to the radio. I made a cuppa and as we enjoyed the late afternoon sun a Sparrowhawk went through.

1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Awww, so nice to see the little ones. The flowers are gorgeous as is that butterfly. Haven't seen any here yet. Did see a bee though.