Saturday, May 14, 2011

You can sight see in Wolverhampton

So I am on the M6 toll the sun is shining and the suddenly cloud!! RATS!! Its been one of those showery days hey ho.

It's not often you drive into Wolverhampton to sight see but... to be fair I passed some lovely houses.

Anyway the National Trust's Wightwick Manor is in Wolverhampton! Wightwick is a smallish Victorian property with lots of furnishing and painting by Morris and the Pre Raphelite Brotherhood. Oh and nice gardens.





























Then onto Much Wenlock to look around the priory















it started to rain harder so I headed off to check in!

6 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

The house and gardens at Wightwick are beautiful and lovely flower photos, Pete. The Priory looks an interesting place to visit too. I haven't been in the Much Wenlock area for years but its a beautiful part of the country.

Hope the weather improves tomorrow.

Tricia Ryder said...

Sorry the rain happened...

Lovely view (at the priory) through the arch to the trees beyond. The priory must have been an imposing building when in its entirety.

And Wolverhampton.. never really paid it much attention.... wrongly it seems! Beautiful reflections in the ponds...

oldcrow61 said...

It was worth going to Wolverhampton just to see Wightwick Manor and it's grounds. Beautiful. I love the scarecrow, looks like me in the garden, lol. The viking says he was in Wolverhampton. I'm going to have to check that out, lol.

The Quacks of Life said...

i ought to add my sight seeing in wolverhampton involved wightwick only :D

RR - as a Villa fan are you allowed into Wolverhapmtpn ;)

ShySongbird said...

Lovely photos Pete. I love the scarecrow!!

Ragged Robin said...

I managed to sneak in once (left the claret and blue scarf at home!):D

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.