Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Moving on

So off to Hay-On-Wye, I noticed that Croft Castle was open at 10 so as it was on the way I popped in.

The weather was a little grotty with a few light showers and the light was poor.





Lots of Swallows about.




OI!!












The rain stopped and I stopped too watch the world. This chap joined me.









Bless!


The proud mum!


A Martin looks out!






I had a lovely Carrot and Parsnip soup. The cakes looked nice but as the house didn't allow photography (and I've been inside a few times) I headed to Hay to browse the bookshops.





Don't worry I found some lovely Coffee and Walnut cake!

5 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

What wonderful gardens. Those roses are pretty well perfect. That book shop looks interesting. The little ducks are just beautiful.

Jan said...

The light was definitely poor! "Lots of swallows about" It's a House Sparrow! (Well one swallow in between the two!)

Ragged Robin said...

Despite the poor light the photos are great again Pete and you've managed to visit yet more lovely places.

I do like the look of Hay-on-Wye. Have you bought any books?

Ducklings are cute :D

Tricia Ryder said...

Croft Castle gardens are beautiful and great colour in the beds.

That circle of Mallard ducklings is just toooo cute :) and by the looks of it, the House Martins found enough mud for nest building.

Sorry the weather was grotty and hope the soup and cake compensated a little..

The Quacks of Life said...

@jan blogger is playing silly buggers about the order photos get loaded - ta for that

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.