Monday, March 21, 2011

Regrets

My father is getting older. Ok so that is called stating the bl@@ding obvious.

I notice that he doesn't walk as well lately, on Saturday a walk he did last year was much more of a struggle. He says that it is not so much his legs as his back - I think that caring for Mum hurt his back. Of course I came home from work to note that my head gardener (Dad) had cut my front grass! Incorrigible!!

You may have noticed that I often pop a few pics of the old boy in my blog. There are a few reasons, one I enjoy taking photos and I don't often get the chance to take pictures of people and also because I guess that its for the memories.

I do regret not getting into photography earlier as I have few photos on here of Mum (and none that are good). I know there are a sackful at Dads and one day I will snaffle some and get them scanned.

For now...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, my dad is like that...God bless you both!

Ragged Robin said...

That's a really moving post, Pete and a lovely photo of your mum and da.

Carol said...

Nice that you honor your parents as you do.

holdingmoments said...

A lovely picture of your mum and dad Pete.

Tricia Ryder said...

Lovely sentiment Pete... and lovely picture of Mum and Dad with the Spring blossom. :

The Wessex Reiver said...

Lovely posting Pete

oldcrow61 said...

Now that's one lovely picture. What a handsome couple they were. Yes, you should scan some of the photos that your dad has.

avalon said...

That was a lovely post, it is great that we can remember our parents it keeps them in our thoughts always. Happy memories are to treasure.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.