Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Sunday, March 27, 2011

And the sun returned!

So after the awful weather of yesterday this afternoon was lovely!

I headed to Rye Meads, lots of singing birds Chiffchaff's back in force now! The other Warblers are on their way!

There were 4 Little Grebes at the Draper hide, a Green Sandpiper and the highlight was a Little Ringed Plover. I also got the usual brief views of 2 Cetti's Warbler's!


I thought I was going to be out of luck with pictures til this chap showed up.



I didn't get into the Kingfisher hide as it was packed. As the sun was shining I went for a wander.

This chap posed :D




A Grey Heron flew over.



On to the HMWT side of the reserve and my first Comma's of the year.


There was also a white flutter about.

This Swan played a game of hide and seek.




2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Love the picture of the duck bottom up in the water, lol. A great shot. Great pictures of the swan as well.

Tricia said...

I think Robins are following you around! :) nice one

Great to start seeing flutters again isn't it!