Sunday, March 27, 2011

And the sun returned!

So after the awful weather of yesterday this afternoon was lovely!

I headed to Rye Meads, lots of singing birds Chiffchaff's back in force now! The other Warblers are on their way!

There were 4 Little Grebes at the Draper hide, a Green Sandpiper and the highlight was a Little Ringed Plover. I also got the usual brief views of 2 Cetti's Warbler's!


I thought I was going to be out of luck with pictures til this chap showed up.



I didn't get into the Kingfisher hide as it was packed. As the sun was shining I went for a wander.

This chap posed :D




A Grey Heron flew over.



On to the HMWT side of the reserve and my first Comma's of the year.


There was also a white flutter about.

This Swan played a game of hide and seek.




2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Love the picture of the duck bottom up in the water, lol. A great shot. Great pictures of the swan as well.

Tricia Ryder said...

I think Robins are following you around! :) nice one

Great to start seeing flutters again isn't it!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.