Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Tuesday, December 07, 2010

It's the Dogs!

As you may know proper beer (Bitter) have some unusual names.

For example you can get Old Speckled Hen and Bishop's Finger.

However I came across a rather good one today. We went out for a team lunch, as we lent on the bar to choose a drink (I had a diet coke!) I noticed one of the beers was called The Dog's Bollocks - I kid you not! It's brewed by the Wychwood Brewery in Oxfordshire.

I rather like the idea of walking into a pub and asking for a pint of Bollocks and for once you wouldn't get a gassy lager!!!

3 comments:

holdingmoments said...

And I can vouch for its taste; very nice it is :)

Janine said...

Too funny. Rich has a favorite that is brewed locally and called "Monk in the Trunk"
:)

avalon said...

The cornwall one here is " Cornish Knockers" LOL