Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wednesday - Oxburgh

We went for a stroll around Holt this morning a lovely small town with lots of Georgian buildings. There are some good shops including a good bookshop. Holt was included in the best 50 places to live.

Which person was I thinking of when I took this??? Answers in a comment :D


Then to Oxburgh, it's a pretty "small" house built in 1482. Disappointingly you can't take photos inside!

















The church is famed for its terracotta tombs, the church tower collapsed in 1948.













The gardens are small but pretty and there was a nice stream/wooded walk. Annoyingly the Marsh/Willow Tit I saw wouldn't give me good views.







3 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

OKay, I can see that I'm going to have to come over there and start packing up stuff myself. You're being an awful tease showing me those skulls. They would fit into my surroundings quite well thank you!

Janine said...

I sure do love to see a winged skull amongst the cherubs.

Tricia Ryder said...

Oooh I do like Oxburgh - like the flower pics particularly and the moat is so glasslike - must have been a very still day!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.