Monday, July 26, 2010

Staying Local

I seem to have stopped going far a field for birding trips. I seem to do Rye Meads and Hatfield Forest and with the exception of the odd day on holiday that's it. The scope(s) have had minimal use.

I'm not really sure why but I've not been to the Norfolk coast since last October and the last time I went to Titchwell was August 2009!

The last few gardens I've been to I've left the bins behind and just stuck my little Nikons in a belt bag.

Now its not that I don't enjoy birding, because I do. It's not like I don't have the time, because I do. Perhaps its that I'm more focused on taking pictures these days.

I seem to plan any longer trips to gardens, houses or places where I'll get to take lots of pictures.

Hey ho - does explain why my year list is so naff though :D

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Just a shift in emphasis and, as you say, focus for the moment perhaps... we all move between our interests/hobbies from time to time.

Anonymous said...

Agree with Tricia -- things just seem to subtly change. You don't mean to make the change, it just happens. But later maybe you'll get an appetite for something different (or to revisit old haunts).

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.