Sunday, July 18, 2010

An echo of the past

A few years ago I went to Easton Lodge. I explained that the gardens almost disappeared.

Last year the garden had to close to the public and I thought that was it. The Easton Lodge trust has opened it again this year but only once a month. A good idea erhaps since there were loads of visitors today.














A sundial.

















Alas little has really changed in two years. I deeply admire the efforts of the volunteers but unless someone with the funds comes forward the Gardens of East Lodge will remain just an echo.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You win on the bee photos, hands down. :-)

Ragged Robin said...

Your bumble bee pictures are super - what lens did you use, Pete?

The Quacks of Life said...

Caroline it was Sigma 150 f2.8 macro. pricey but a nice lens.

oldcrow61 said...

I love the first statue. It's charming. I don't suppose you can get that car to me, can you? I suppose that's asking a bit too much...sigh! Love the pictures.

Ragged Robin said...

Thanks for that information, Pete - it certainly takes great pictures.

Attila the Mom said...

You always take the most interesting shots!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.