Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Beth Chatto Garden

Well where to today? I decided to visit the Beth Chatto Garden near Colchester.

The garden is one of a handful of top ranked two starred gardens in the Good Garden Guide. I am not enitrely in agreement. Don't get me wrong this is a VERY pretty garden in places and there is much to admire, I just have a few reservations there are a few areas that aren't quite right. I'm not sure it was really "designed". Still its well worth a visit.










































7 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Looks a pleasant garden and some lovely pictures. The 2nd pic is the one that really catches my eye - so peaceful :)

Ragged Robin said...

There are some beautiful and unusual plants there, Pete. As always great photos - I like the atmospheric black and white ones.

Anonymous said...

dear boy, i wish yu would actually show the beds themselves. English perennial beds are famous.

The Quacks of Life said...

anony - I'll see what I can do :D

Ann Flowers said...

What lovely flowers and colors. Just delightful to come and take a break and just enjoy your garden.

Anonymous said...

Looks a lovely garden, but I bet the two stars has more to do with the name associated with it than with any outstanding merits.

oldcrow61 said...

You must have taken pictures of the best spots because it all looks lovely. Fabulous plants.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.