Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

Where to? The weather looked like it wasn't going to last (it's currently raining).

I headed to the Forest, lots of birds singing but the only Warbler I heard were Chiffchaffs, I saw a pair of Stock Doves. There were 5-6 Grebes on the lake and some had paired up, the teals had gone. The highlights were Swallow flashing across the lake. Pity they didn't bring the sun.



I headed to the village/town of Coggleshall.







I wanted to look around Paycocke's a merchants house from the fifteenth century.




















4 comments:

holdingmoments said...

Nice selection Pete. I do like the look of the Woolpack. Very inviting.

Tricia said...

Some fascinating buildings there and Coggleshall seems to have a lot on offer. I like the interior of Paycocke's; the clock tower though dominates the surrounding buildings - wonder why it was built in that position

oldcrow61 said...

There's so much history in the old homes over there. Fasinating! The houses are just beautiful. I particularly like the painting with the jester.

Paycocke's House and Garden said...

Looks like you had a fantastic day! Love the photos of Paycockes! We have a blog too! only just started it but would appreciate the support!

http://paycockes.blogspot.com/