Saturday, September 19, 2009

Turned out nice again

I went to Barnes this morning, its a nice reserve (I have some complaints - the food is expensive, the hides are pretty awful for viewing, and some visitors with kids need to read. If it says to not climb on the rocks stop your kids climbing. Don't look on proudly).

There were a number of Widgeon about (a sure sign of winter) quite a few Snipe, both types of Grebes, Green Woodpecker, lots of Hawker Dragonflies and a Water Rail. My personal highlight were two water voles!!































6 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Like the lapwing. I think the birds are all hiding at the moment!! At least, they don't want their pictures taken.

I won't mention the in-flight dragon though ;) It's tooooo painful.

ShySongbird said...

Great photos throughout Pete, very enjoyable post!

oldcrow61 said...

Wow, that dragon in flight is quite the picture. Lucky you, I'm jealous!

holdingmoments said...

Great selection Pete.
Love the flying Canada Geese; and the dragon.

Janine said...

Nice dragonfly flight shots!
I have no patience for people who don't read signs at parks... but do you REALLY need a sign telling you not to do something obviously unsafe? Sometimes I think as a society we should let natural selection take its course in these situations.

Bob Bushell said...

That is the finest collection that I've seen. Thanks Pete.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.