Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Getting dark.

So it's September. Does this mean Summer is over?

The great thing about Summer is the long days. It's still light to quite late and when I get up of a morning the sun streams through my window.

The great thing about the later is when I wake up I more likely to bounce out of bed and get on with things rather than lay there and doze.

This morning started dull and when the alarm went off at 5:40 it was still dark and I had to drag myself out of bed.

It going to be a long winter folks.

8 comments:

avalon said...

Thats it cheer us all up why don't you !! Seem to think summer passed us by in cornwall. Horrible thought that at 8.30pm the curtains are getting drawn!

ShySongbird said...

I don't think I ever 'bounce' out of bed but it is certainly a lot easier to get up in the Summer! I hate the long dark days of Winter, they are approaching far too quickly :(

oldcrow61 said...

I don't mind the dark mornings and early evenings of fall at all. I bounce out of bed be it dark or light. lol.

Unknown said...

I never bounce out of bed either, but it is easier to get up in the summer. I'm not looking forward to winter at all; up here it doesn't even get properly light most days.

The Quacks of Life said...

bounce may be a tadge strong on a weekday!

holdingmoments said...

I think you're right about a long winter.
I can't wait for spring again lol

Tricia Ryder said...

I love the colours of Autumn and like even the drama of winter, but hate the lack of daylight hours!

Liz said...

Yep, I know what you mean Pete... I hate winter when it's still dark when I get up. I'm someone that is up and out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off... And the dark mornings kill me.

It's already depressing that it's getting dark at 8, never mind when it's dark by 4.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.