Sunday, August 02, 2009

Bonnie & Clyde

Do you really want yet another spot update? well I'm still spotty but they are VERY gradually going. I just hope the ones on my face goes soon.

Anyway this is a sweet story eventually!.

Two dogs were brought into a Norfolk animal shelter after being found wandering the streets in a rain storm.

The dogs are called Bonnie and Clyde and Clyde is blind.

When they are together Clyde appears as capable as a fully sighted dog - but he won't move unless Bonnie is nearby.

Bonnie guides him on walks or towards food and lets him rest on her when he becomes disorientated.

According to Cherie Cootes, who runs the Meadown Green Dog Rescue Centre in Loddon, Norfolk:

He totally relies on her the whole time. When she walks she tends to stop and make sure he's there - she does look out for him.


The dogs will be re-homed as a pair.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it just beggers belief, and i dare not print what i feel, how could any human dump these dogs like that!!! But at least it does have a happy outcome. I truly hope they find a loving home that they deserve.

Pete, hope your spot free,and ok for your hols.

paul.

Anonymous said...

I like that story. :-) I'll never understand those who say animals don't know what it is to care.

KAZ said...

Isn't that wonderful - a dog's guide dog.
Sorry about the spots Pete. Can we have a photo please.

holdingmoments said...

Glad to hear the spots are fading Pete. Hopefully be all gone for the holiday.

A lovely story, with hopefully a happy ending. But I just don't understand how anyone could leave them like that in the first place. Such beautiful dogs.

The Quacks of Life said...

no!! i'm ugly enough as it is

Janine said...

Glad to hear the spots are going. Sounds like the holiday is still on?

oldcrow61 said...

I wouldn't want to say what I think should happen to whom ever abandoned those dogs. I hope they find a wonderful loving home.

Tricia Ryder said...

Great that there's a happy ending to what started as a sad story. I never fail to be horrified by the acts of some "humans"!

ShySongbird said...

What a touching story, dogs really are amazing, I love them. I wouldn't like to say what I would like to do to the unspeakable so and so's who abandoned them but the dogs are better off without them. Sorry to hear you haven't been well hope you improve before your next (!!!) holiday.

avalon said...

What a lovely story quite heartwarming, lets hope they find a great home together i would love to adopt them both they are so sweet

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.