Friday, July 10, 2009

Well here's a surprise

Suitcase packed? - Check
Netbook packed? - check
Camera packed? - check
books packed? - check

What? oh yes I am off on holiday. YES AGAIN!!!!

I'm off to South Wales, 3 nights in the East before heading off to Pembrokeshire (West) and then back for another night in the East.

Three cathedrals on my list (Llandaff and Newport - never visited before, and St David's which I have), the book I follow for churches is England only but the guy has written a book on Wales so some target churches as well. Wales is full of castles so hopefully you'll see some like Caerphilly and Chepstow. The odd house as well (although Wales is not blessed in large numbers of great houses) and a few gardens. And never fear there'll be some birds as well. Still undecided about Skomer, alot will depend on the weather. Given the forecast looks ropey then not looking good.

The coast at Pembroke is spectacular so I hope to show you that as well.

Not sure what internet access will be like but if possible i'll update. We'll be in Wales so don't expect much. I can update twitter by text so check the feed for what I am doing.

4 comments:

holdingmoments said...

Have a good break Pete.
I'll look forward to the pictures.
It would be great if you can get to Skomer.

Anonymous said...

I once went to a wedding in or near Mold... if you go to a church there, it might be one I shivered outside in a bridesmaid dress. :-)

Have fun and bring back lots of pictures.

Janine said...

Have fun Pete! Looking forward to pics.

oldcrow61 said...

Looking forward to your pictures. Hope you have a great holiday.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.