Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Friday, June 12, 2009

Being Cooked for

Jan came to visit last night. Jan did the important bit, cook food! and I supplied the wine and put CD's in the CD player. Oh I washed up!

Starter
Scallops, Chilli, Corriander cooked in burnt butter - mmmmm scallops
Main
Chicken cooked in Black Pepper, lemon and parsley with Dauphinoise Potatos
Dessert
Strawberries and cream

All very very nice!

Wine was Flint Valley from Denbies in Surrey, a nice wine which scores a solid *** and Arkadian Bachuus 2006 from the Bow in the Clouds vinyard near Malmesbury Wiltshire another enjoyable ***. Jan preferred the Bachuus.

Hey Jan I just twigged I never got the Bachuus from the English Wine centre!! I got it from the National Trust Shop at Stourhead!!

I've told Jan that if she can get here for a Saturday I'll get her Mussels (I think I may have to drive her up to Norfolk to eat them though!!).


2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Tut, that woman is going to have you spoiled rotten. lol, Sounds like you had a great evening.

avalon said...

Thankyou for a great evening, nice just to chill out in great company. Sounded like you loved dinner anyway!! Scallops were superb i thought. English wine has come forward so much in the last 10 years or so, both tasted very good. Mussels next time!! Thanks again x