Saturday, March 14, 2009

Birds and some Spring colour

I started off by going to the RSPB's Ouse Washes reserve out of the visitors centre through glass I saw lots of finches and buntings including.

Yellowhammer



Female Brambling



Tree Sparrows


Whooper Swans still on the reserve and lots of ducks like Wigeon.




Kestrels about as well.

So I headed on to Welney (opens at 10) I was only intending going to the main hide.

Whooper Swan



Pied Wagtail



Lots of ducks here and some waders including Lapwing, Redshank, Ruff, Black Tailed Godwit and Little Egrets.

I have been promising OC some spring flowers so I headed to Anglessey Abbey. I had lunch in the restaurant first and here I discovered I'm old! There was a couple with a young baby and the woman promptly proceeded to breast feed the baby in the restaurant. She was fairly discreet but I was a bit shocked. Yes I know it is a natural act.

Anyway some pics. Not many Snowdrops as the season is ending.
























Ooh a Bumble


Here he is !








Hope you enjoyed. Did the B&W shots work? As I've been here a few times and will no doubt go back this year I thought I'd try something different

3 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

The B&W shots worked for me..lovely. The flowers are just gorgeous and a bumble to boot. I'm green with envy. You are way ahead of us.

Tricia Ryder said...

Well that looks like an excellent day out. Lucky you with the yellowhammers :D

Great selection of pics and the B&W seems to have worked well for the subjects. Especially the view with the statue.

Mary said...

Great to see you are enjoying the sunshine. I can't believe the week we have had.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.