Saturday, March 07, 2009

Betwixt and between

So I headed over the forest this morning, it all seemed a bit quiet winter migrants are heading off and the summer ones haven't arrived.

Still there were at least 6 Great Crested Grebes on the lake together with a pair of Swans and a Kingfisher. Also coot numbers were up.






After lunch I went down to Amwell.





Also pretty quiet but I did get a fleeting glimpse of a Cetti's Warbler and there were some Siskins still about.

Moorhen


Male Great Spotted Woodpecker


Male Reed Bunting





Great Tit


But the star of the show a Stoat!!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots of the stoat.

Tricia Ryder said...

Great pics all, but I really like the Stonechat and the Stoat!! What a spot - lucky you!

The Quacks of Life said...

stonechat?

Tricia Ryder said...

OOops sorry; noticed my error just as I submitted comment - obviously meant Reed Bunting (blush).

oldcrow61 said...

Love the pictures of the stoat. Looks like you had another great day with the camera.

Liz said...

Lovely photos Pete, and how amazing you got so close to a stoat!

Andi Wolfe said...

I've never seen a stoat pic before - thanks!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.