Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Monday – Birdless at Blacktoft

I had no idea what to do today and as Alkborough was irritating me and it wasn’t far …..

730 St John, Alkborough

In one photo you’ll see a replica of my bete noire Julian’s Barrow (apparently there is a replica on a tomb stone and in one of the windows.). You’ll also see a picture of a Romano British stone.










So where now? Do I go across the Humber Bridge to tick a church in Hull and then stop at Water’s Edge in Barton? Well the RSPB reserve Blacktoft Sands has been excellent on my two previous visits and today? It was birdless!! Ok there were Tree Sparrows and Goldfinches and I did see a Marsh Harrier and a Water Rail but of the 4 hides I visited I saw so few birds. One had a solitary Reed Bunting and another a Redshank!! Oh well it happens!








731 St Lawrence Corringham

This is an old church dating from the 11th century and well restored by Bodley and Garner. Some of the glass is by Kempe.









No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.