Sunday, October 19, 2008

My day

I went to the Essex Wildlife Trust reserve Hanningfield Reservoir this morning. Unfortunately no birds were in camera range. Still I saw some good stuff, Goldcrest, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Black Necked Grebe, Black Tailed Godwit, Green Sandpiper and first Pintail for a while.

I wandered down to Rye Meads after lunch. At the first hide I saw this little spat.







It went on for ages then one took off, the other chased him around the island and out of sight. Then they came back!! They arrived back at the starting point to find the female had swam off and just hopped in to the water as if nothing had happened!! So funny.

Rubbish photo to follow. Think I had the noise thing set wrong.






Some nice birds about, including Kestrel, Green Woodpecker, Green Sandpiper (x3), Cetti's Warbler, Snipe (6) and a Kingfisher.

Nothing extraordinary but a pleasant day.

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

That looks quite a vicious fight between the moorhens! Nice sequence capture.

oldcrow61 said...

I never saw birds fighting like that before. I'd say it was worth the trip just to get the photos.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.