Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

And Another thing....

For some reason Jane Belson the widow of Douglas Adams (can you be a widow if you weren't married??) has allowed a 6th book in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy to be written.

The book, to be called "And Another Thing.....", will be written by children's author Eoin Colfer.

I do wonder about the wisdom of this and what they hope to achieve. I'm sure there are any number of series we'd like continuations of but when the author dies I don't see the point (all though a final volume of the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan might be an exception!). Anyway as far as I'm concerned the Hitchhiker's Series worked much better as a Radio Series than it ever did as a book.

1 comment:

Toffeeapple said...

I must agree with your last statement, even the TV series was poor but radio - ah, radio, I love mine, all nine of them!