Tuesday, January 29, 2008

You can but hope

I came home last night to find a letter on the mat from a bank.

Dear thequacksoflife

just a note to tell you that the rate on your account has been reduced to xx.xx%

yours sincerely....

I sat there thinking well I know I'm forgetful but WHAT account? I know a few years back I had had a fixed rate bond with them but that matured and I transferred it. Now in my heart of hearts I knew that some programmer had done an extract and included closed accounts BUT.

I phoned the number went through the security questions and then informed the lady of my query and yep it was a closed account.

Damn!! You can but dream....

1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Ha, ha, that's a good one.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.