The latest issue of BBC Wildlife came with a copy of issue 1 of a magazine called the Wildlife of Britain. Apparently its not new but was first published in 1997. At the moment 52 issues are planned.
Its one of these "published every week to bring you....".
So what is it like? Well glossy and lots of pictures. Some interesting articles and no adverts.
Issue 1 has the following articles
* The Wildlife year - September
* Our living seas - Hermit Crabs
* Wild flowers, trees and fungi - Poppies
* Know more about birds - Barn Owl
* Identifying wildlife - Recognising Tits
* Wildlife habitats - Wonders of the Oak Wood
* The lives of animals - The Family Lives of Hedgehogs
* Garden Wildlife - Honey Bees in Your Garden
Each issue is likely to follow a similar pattern and will cost £1.99 (issue 1 is 99p in the shops). If you click here you will find links to sample articles.
Is it worth it? For the hardcore naturalist no but it looks like an interesting read for those of us after a simple introduction into more about the world on our doorstep. It reminds me of a printed version of the BBC programme Hands on Nature.