Monday, December 31, 2007

An Outsider Looking in

I feel I should be sadder than this. I want it to be big waterworks etc (as I write that I have tears in my eyes). But somehow it won't come.

Partly its because I want to be there for Dad. Partly its because I've known this was coming, the logical part of my brain has told the emotional side that I would be crying for me, because there is no way I wanted Mum to have no life and no quality of life. Which lets face it she has had for 8 months and I know from when Nan was ill that Mum didn't want that.

I feel like an observer on my life at the mo.

I'm at work as I type this (I'll start at 7:30). I'll ring the funeral place at 9:30 and the Hospital to see when the death certificate is available. When I know that I'll arrange for an appointment with the registrar. I hope I can get that done today.

I'll be with Dad tonight. I don't think we'll be staying up to see the New Year in. I'll be tucked up with Marion Zimmer Bradley's "The Forbidden Tower".

I'm PC less tomorrow. So to all my readers Happy New Year.

11 comments:

Zig said...

Happy New Year Pete, hope you get everything done today you're hoping for.

Tricia Ryder said...

I wish you happiness for 2008 and hope the new year brings better things for you.

oldcrow61 said...

Hoping the coming year is a great one for you Pete.

Anonymous said...

A happy new year from me too.

Mary said...

Grief will come in its own time Pete. I hope the new year will bring you many good things.

ST said...

A.T.B. for 2008

Anonymous said...

Wishing you better times in 2008. I'm looking forward to reading your blog in January.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Pete

Attila the Mom said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Pete. I'll be thinking about you, and hope you find peace on this New Year's morning.

(((big hugs, my friend)))

T said...

So sorry to read about your mum, Pete.

Best wishes to you.

Hornet said...

Pete, I know you keep popping over to 'the Nest' for updates on my various comings and goings, but I've only just caught up on events for you. Words can be feeble tools at the best of times, but at times like this they feel utterly useless. I am so sorry to hear about your mum, and can only wish you and your father better times in 2008.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.