Thursday, November 01, 2007

Bah Humbug

It was Halloween last night. As I pulled into my drive lots of Mums and Dads were leading there kiddies around to knock on doors to ask for Trick or Treat. Or if you are a cynic GIVE ME SWEETS.

Now you will have to correct me but I am sure when I was a lad little was made of Halloween. It now seems to be a thriving industry, I presume its because Haloween is big in the States. Helps boost Tesco et als profits poor loves.

Why has this happened? It just seems like an excuse to go around and ask for sweets?

A few people banged on my door. I of course, being the miseragle git I am, totally ignored them.

Oh and for the next week pets and animals everywhere get scared to death by people who insist on the nightly lighting of fireworks.

OH IF YOU ARE HAVING A BONFIRE PLEASE CHECK FOR ANY HEDGEHOGS USING IT. THANK YOU

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read recently British hedgies are in danger. Gardens too tidied up was one reason.

Mary said...

Fireworks going off all around and have been for the last few weeks....I don't mind one night but nowadays it seems to go on for ever!

Mary said...

Oh, poor hedgehogs - bless them.

Halloween is big business in the States - mainly due to the demand of costume sales. Every holiday is a money-maker...and getting more "in your face" every year. Sad, in a way, when Christmas decorations are for sale and displayed several weeks before Halloween!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.