Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pottering about in Norfolk

Well dinner was rather nice: Mussells in a cream and white wine sauce, pheasant, and a blackberry and raspberry mousee type thing. Good nights sleep as well!

Flipping horrible morning wind and rain. Kestrel hunting by the hotel as i packed the car. An Olive Backed Pipit was reported at Wells Woods so I promptly went to Cley.

Redshank, Dunlin, Black Tailed Godwit, Avocet, Ringed Plover, lots of ducks (aren't Wigeon super looking things) and a lovely Marsh Harrier hunting.

I popped down to Salthouse, lots of little things flitting about but sadly no Lapland Buntings, just Stonechat, Mipits, Linnets and a Wheatear.

And so I went to Blickling Hall, it was where Anne Boleyn was born and apparently her ghost resides. The hall is definitely worth a visit, I've been many times both on my own and with my parents as a lad. As I entered the garden there was a lone hawker dragonfly, a Migrant I think.

So for OC some pics. Autumn at Blickling.


















As I drove back skeins of Pink Feet flew over, very atmospheric. Oh the Kestrel was by the hotel.

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Beautiful place, wouldn't mind a walk around there on a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the twitchers today flushed the OBP away...watched the pager...200yards....300yards and then 400yards(down the track) then unusually ....please keep to a sensible distance so you dont flush the bird...sounded a bit late for that. anyway no sign after 10.55.

C

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.