Sunday, October 07, 2007

Brownsea Island the search for Squirrel Nutkin

As I type this I am totally fed up. Its been a super day but it now looks like my sensor is buggered. I’m going to have to attempt a wet clean Sunday night when I get home. If that fails back to Nikon!!

So I went to Brownsea Island as you can see the weather was gorgeous.






I was wondering how easy the target creature would be uh……









Oh the church, St Mary’s, is not in the book but the 800th I visited. Oh and look what turned up in the churchyard.






Birds seen included Spoobills, Godwits, Redshank, Arctic Tern, Shag, Little Egret and Chiffchaff











The journey back was a tour around the harbour the second largest natural harbour in the world.







As I was near the hotel look what scuttled across the road.



Luckily I saw him and slowed right down.He shouldn’t be out in daylight!!

But oh that sensor SOB!!!!

6 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Whew!! Glad to see you back. Thought you had gotten lost,lol. Lovely pictures. Aw, that damnable sensor...hugs.

Anonymous said...

Good suggestion then - Brownsea?
Like the pics of Red(s) - my battery was flat when I got there the other week.Nice to see you also saw a Hog(on way to Pub.

C

Jan said...

So you got the squirrel then, he seems to have a lot of dark fur though, even grey, not a hybrid is it! Very cute though.

The Quacks of Life said...

c - yeah good suggestion!!

oc - ta

Jan - no Greys there. I think the island populations will be separate sub species one day

Mary said...

Oh you saw the red squirrels. karen and I are hoping to visit in the next couple of weeks

Mary said...

Pete have you got picasa 2 you can download it free from Picasa I am sure you can adjust your pics on it.its so easy.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.