Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.


Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday

The weather was considerably better today! It didn’t rain for a start.

So first to Mulcheney Abbey. You know its amazing just how many wonderful buildings were lost due to the reformation.

The Abbots lodging survived and is still a substantial building.


These stairs have seen some footsteps

The parish church is right next to the Abbey Church and would have been dwarfed.













I then went to Lytes Cary Manor. It’s what I think of as a £4 house (when I first started visiting National Trust properties in earnest anything under a fiver was not a big name property). Lytes Cary is what the National Trust does well, save and present a small but interesting house.











The house is one you could live in and it has a fine chapel. I rather liked it.


I realized I was near to 640 St Catherine’s Swell. Somerset is a land of towers and I drove past any old friends but St Catherine’s is a small farmyard chapel.









I finished off playing with my wide angled lens at Watchet Harbour.









Oh tomorrow assuming the weather is ok you are going to get a treat in Church architecture.

2 comments:

st said...

great choice of buildings to visit, very interesting. just love ya photo blogging.

Jan said...

Very nice pics. Glad you had a dry day. Shame about the wifi, but then someone told me about dial-up I think....:p