Saturday, May 05, 2007

Friday

The birds were out in force to see me off. Greenfinch first in ages. Dunnock, Robin, House Sparrow and two baby Blackbirds and Dad.

Well the drive was a nightmare, we hit just about every bit of traffic possible! Oh and on our comfort break I managed to knock over a full mug of tea. Did I imagine a voice saying "take a photo Nic" ? Still Nic and I picked up Anna at Hereford Station and JUST made it!

The funeral service was very moving with both Boo's sons speaking well (I couldn't have done it). We joined family and friends after. Obviously these things are only ever something you get through, I am pleased I went. But I still find it hard to believe, I still expect her to suddenly appear on yahoo one night.

Nic and I were booked into the Belmont Lodge. My room was very comfy. Spent an enjoyable evening polishing off a couple of bottles of Sauvingon Blanc and yes i did have tears in my eyes a couple of times.

1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Happy to hear things went well Pete. I know there must have been difficult moments. It was wonderful that you guys went there.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.