Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Saturday 28th October



So off to Norfolk to meet up with a few folk and then a few days on my own.

I had a cold (no not Man flu Nic!!) which had turned into a hacking cough but hey.

Anyway at 9:30 a group of us met up. I didn't take photos of everyone but.....


So we have Cherrypie


Corinna writing up her list.


John preparing for the off.


Diane showing how alert the birder needs to be.


CP again - I need to get hold of Corinna's photo eh CP ;)


Tricia


John smiling away.


So down to the beach to join the throng searching for the Surf Scoter, well I never actually found it but Scott had and so I saw it in his scope.

Quite a few Velvet's which were nice to see amongst the hundreds of Common Scoter. Also a close in Red Throated Diver. On the beach were Turnstone, Bartail Godwit and Sanderling.

We headed back for brunch. I ordered a bacon bap and a sausage bap BUT I couldn't face the sausage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily CP helped me out. Whoosh! it was gone!

So back down the hides for: Dunlin, Redshank, Spotshank, Avocet, Brent Geese, Black Tail Godwit, loads of different ducks, Grey Plover, Knot, Ruff, Ringed Plover and Marsh Harrier.

It was feed the birds day and the RSPB had the world's biggest birdfeeder.

I've probably missed stuff but that gives a flavour.

Some of us met for dinner that night and enjoyable though it was I wasn't 100% I struggled to eat AND I had to go to my room at 8:40 and the next thing I knew it was 10:30!

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.