Monday, October 23, 2006

what makes me happy.

I have been told I don't give of myself enough on this blog and that I "hold back". Someone who knows more about me than most (and knows what commandments I've broke ;) ) reckons they've learned things.

Anyway what makes me happy?

I'll skip the obvious, Mum being given a clean bill of health....

1. I was out of work for 7 months 4 years ago. One day I was walking out of the Kingfisher hide and was feeling rather down, then this Robin flew down in front of me and just sang his little heart out.

2. I like Sunny Spring days. Some years a ago I was having a short break in Derbyshire. I had driven in torrential rain, the M1 was a river but by the time I arrived it started to clear. I spent a lovely afternoon at Sudbury Hall looking around a nice building and sitting by the lakes.

3. I like sitting in peace and quiet with a book. Good instances of this were at Barrington Court, Somerset. Trerice , Cornwall.

4. Birding. Not the hurly burly twitching type but stroll around on my own or with a mate seeing whats about.

5. I like solitude. I like tranquility. Keep me away from crowds.

6. I like my space. I like being with people but I want to be able to be on my own. I begin to fill trapped if I'm constantly with people. I suppose this leads on to...

7. Doing what I want when I want. If I want to do something I don't have to ask. Terribly selfish I know but I do like it.

8. Eating a good meal. I'm not talking really expensive stuff but just a nice meal.

9. Snuggling under a warm duvet on a freezing cold morning

10. A Hug.

6 comments:

Boo said...

Awwwww here's a BIG HUG!

I can empathise with those "likes", I also like being with people but need my own space too. Definitely don't let any crowds near me.

nicola said...

Hugging under a duvet on a freezing morning would be better ;)

Unknown said...

"9. Snuggling under a warm duvet on a freezing cold morning"

Heaven! Especially, if you know you don't have to get up.

Cherrypie said...

Sudbury was one of my favourite places when I was young.

I'll save you a hug for the weekend x

Anonymous said...

Being snuggled in a warm bed when you can hear really awful weather outside makes me feel very happy and very blessed.

Sharon J said...

I can actually go along with all of those points except that I don't 'bird' but I do like wandering about the countryside "seeing what's about".

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.