Friday, October 27, 2006

The New Telly

Well my parents new telly arrived yesterday and popped into help set it up.

Ok Aerial there, power lead there. Well this is the easy bit turn on and uh nothing. Press buttton, waggle plug. Uhm oh. Pick up instructions, what is this power switch at the back and under a flap? Press? Power!!

Tuning it was a breeze since it did it all itself. Annoyingly as they get Anglia and London it put Channel 4 on Programme 5 and Channel 5 on Programme 6.

Flipping thing is pick though 37". Me to Dad (after turning to teletext) you can read that I take it! Nice picture though.

The most onerous task was to get the old telly upstairs "out of the way". Was the old one HEAVY!!

I'm off for a few days up to Norfolk. Hopefully I can shoot off early and pick my little travel scope up. If I leave for early I'll still be 9.5 hours up and I have 9 days holiday left (I'll carry 5 over).

My mission tomorrow is to get a nice picture of Cherrypie. Although I'll be satisfied with just finding the Surf Scoter!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pete, I'm amazed, you are on holiday! Only joking :-) Hope you have a good time.

I don't know what a Surf Scoter is, but I hope you find it.

Anonymous said...

Richard (my other half - he blogs at Goatfood) had to get rid of my mum's FIVE old tellys last week. They were ancient and weighed a ton. He wasn't a happy bunny!

T said...

Hope you managed the Surf Scoter, Pete :O)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.