Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Stop the Slaughter

The RSPB and Birdlife International are running a campaign to Stop the Slaughter of Birds in Malta.

Malta flouts EU directives on the indiscriminate hunting of wild birds. If you are a member of the RSPB you will have been sent a form to sign that will be sent to Lawrence Gonzi the Maltese Prime Minister, please sign and return.

If you are not a member press on the link above which contains a downloadble form for you to sign. The link shows a picture of a Robin caught on a lime stick which I hope you find as distressing/disgusting as I do.

3 comments:

The Crafty Cruiser said...

I've already signed the petition. Hope millions more do or at least boycott Malta until they see sense.

flicker said...

I signed the petition, and cried my eyes out when I read the newsletter from the RSPB last week. Malta was always high on my list of places I would like to go on holiday. Not now, not ever. :(

Alan Shearman said...

Yep I have signed and returned mine, and lets hope enough people do the same, so that the Maltese authorities sit up and listen!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.