Tuesday, August 01, 2006

History

One of the things I've mused to myself as I drive to work (hey I'm in the bloody car for 1.5 hours a day) are the holes in my knowledge of History. I'm reasonably well read on the Tudors but that's about it.

I did buy the BBC Series "This Sceptred Isle 55bc - 1901" which was excellent but I have it on tape and my car now has a CD player :( If you haven't heard it then I recommend it

I like readable stuff like Alison Weir and David Starkey. So can someone recommend some good stuff on the following.

Rome
Greece
Medieval European History
British History SINCE 1605
WWI

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mr Blogs has a book about WW1 The Experience of World War 1 by JM Winter. I haven't read it, but he seemed to like it. The Great War and Modern Memory by Paul Fussel is very good too, I had to read a chapter of it at college but liked that so much I read the whole book.

Bettany Hughes does some good programmes about the classical era, I haven't read any of her books but I assue they would be ok too.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.