Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Car Parks

I've decided I'm going to moan. I do hope you don't mind.

As I type its 9th August 2006. We've put a man on the Moon, I can get on a computer and talk to people instantaneously. I can watch Hedgehogs in someones back garden (highly enjoyable I might add, I've never seen a live one.). I have a phone in my pocket. And heart transplants are almost routine.

But go to a car park and fear will grip you.

The sign will say
1 hour 80p
2 hours £1.60
3 Hours £3
4+ hours get a mortgage (I once asked if my salary could be linked to the cost of car parks in Romford.).

Now you have got £1 BUT, and you just KNOW this is going to happen, the machine will have a little message saying "NO CHANGE" AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It wouldn't be so bad if it would allocate you a pro-rata amount on top of your hour. oh no, invariably it will say = Amount paid £1 departure time 1 hour!! SOB!!

I dislike car parks generally. Ok I appreciate that I SHOULD use public transport but its crap, not always copnvenient etc. And anyway why should I go into a town centre when those profit hungary people at Tesco PLC, Sainsbury PLC or Waitrose will let me park for free? I mean come on I can either pay £2 to park or go into Tesco for zilch? YEAH right.

4 comments:

flicker said...

It's people like you who park in Tesco for free instead of paying their dues in a proper car park, that mean the likes of us who want to actually shop in Tesco can't bloody find a parking space!!!!

And it serves you right for not carrying change, men never carry change do they? :p

The Quacks of Life said...

i SHOP in Tesco. Its actually my corner shop. 5 minute walk from my house!

Boo said...

I'm afraid I am the same Jan, but I do spend a heck of a lot of time shopping in Tesco too!

The Quacks of Life said...

welcome back boo boo

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.