Friday, August 25, 2006

Blog Update

Well I've switched the blog to beta blogger. I'm using the same dull template :) I'm not certain if blogger will still lose your links when you change templates, but it didn't when I moved to beta and selected my old template (which is the default).

It seems be easier to add links and things. You just drag and drop to rearrange your page. You can put your techorati links and site stats in. I did lose my posting functions. I clicked the wrong thing and couldn't get them back. Eventually I went into IE and they were there and so I EVENTUALLY twigged that I had to reload the page in Firefox. A bit painful but hey!

You can't as yet edit the HTML code.

I'm not sure of all the new features of blogger. Certainly one useful feature is that the edit screen now shows which of your posts has comments and you can page through your posts.

One of the more obvious features is the ability to label posts. You will see them under the comments. I promise to go through all my posts and categorise them (Actually sad muppet that I am guess what I will spend my lunch hour doing? Anyway I've done a few for you to see how it works.

Oh I've done 248 entries in 6 month - ah quantity over quality

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

who!s a clever boy then!!! amazing how these things work,

Boo said...

lol, I will take a look and think very carefully before I switch!

You may be a clevery boy, but I ain't necessarily so!

Anonymous said...

Don't be one of those people who has 5 million categories, keep it simple ;)

Anonymous said...

Pete will have two categories:

Birds
Everything Else

;-).

The Quacks of Life said...

Nathalie - 21 of them, no more though. Thinks should I have had one for Cameras and Optics :D

Diddums - cheeky so & so!! Birds, Churches, Everything Else

Anonymous said...

Snee snee...

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.