Tuesday, June 27, 2006

waffle

Well Mum starts Herceptin today. Apparently for the first treatment she has to be there 6 hours! And then its once every three weeks for either 6 months or a year, don't think she is there for 6 hours every time.

Not much happening personally I'm sort of drifting waiting for weekends and holidays. Where is my life going? It will soon be July and its now closer to next Christmas than last. Although given the nightmare that was last Christmas that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The garden is a live with birds. I ran out of sunflower hearts and Tesco (pah spit) didn't have any so lets hope the birds aren't as fussy as they were last time this happened.

At the moment the birdlife is good. Loads of juve starlings and sparrows and greenfinches. Chaffinches about. 2 adult Goldfinches seen and 3 juves. Oh and I think a young Dunnock. No further sign of the young Blackie and I see very few Tits.

I read an interesting article last night in British Wildlife magazine about Wimpole Hall Park in Cambridgeshire last night. I've visited the Hall a few times and done the garden but never ventured out far into the park. It has two lakes for instance!! It's meant to be particularly important for insects and flowers but also has flourishing bird life. I'll have to have a look one weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your Mum's treatment went well.

We have a couple of feeders in our back garden, but I have noticed the one with sunflowers seeds always seems to be emptied first.

Eagleseagles said...

Missed this earlier...talons crossed for your mum, Pete....hope it all goes well.
C

The Quacks of Life said...

popped into see her. very tired.

phoned up at 7:30 and she had gone to bed. think she'll be woosy for a few days.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.