Friday, June 16, 2006

Driving to work

Driving to work is never my favourite activity, one bit though is good for a few birds and this has thrown up Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Yellowhammer and Kestrel. Today though it excelled itself.

I was driving along when something flew across the road and perched on a branch. I slowed down looked up and there was a Little Owl - lovely. Ok still not happy to be here but it helps!

We won last night but were totally unimpressive. I expect the pundits will say they've seen no one special, and I'd agree, but I doubt any other country looked and us and were scared.

Oh well it's Friday. And i'll be out wildlife watching whoo hoo.

Dave has just phoned and asked if I want to meet up mid afternoon to see Red Footed Falcon and then on to the Scops Owl. Now I'd like to see both but I've said no, I don't like crowds and I suspect there might be a few people there. Hope he gets the owl though.

So where to? either head for the Forest first thing to check up on my Terns and then go to Hanningfield or go to Wicken Fen to see if I can id some Dragonflies and Butterfiles - stop laughing at the back!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh but Trinidad was SOOOO close to score one there, even I got a little excited about that one. Was at my dad's and my stepsis was yelling in front of the TV all night :D

I've never seen an owl in real life, just heard them really close. Wish I could get the chance to snap some shots of one sometime, they're really beautiful. At least all the kinds I've seen in pictures, can't imagine there'd be an ugly owl out there :P

nicola said...

dont forget the photos!

KAZ said...

Hey - make sure you keep atleast ONE eye on the road.

KAZ said...

Hey - make sure you keep at least ONE eye on the road.

The Quacks of Life said...

Nathalie - VERY close to scoring. England V Sweden soon.

Nic - camera out!

Kaz - two comments? two eyes? :D The road is very quiet at that time of day but I was checking!! Honest

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.